We are looking for brand new Game Masters who have:
- Exceptional customer service skills & superior communication skills
- Significant experience in a customer-facing environment
- Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to manage time and people well
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Proactivity and a sense of fun!
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (or willingness to obtain prior to starting)
- Flexible availability including both weekdays and weekends
- There are progression opportunities, so experience as a senior member of a team with duties such as staff supervision, complaints, enquiries and email management are ‘nice-to-haves’.
We are currently recruiting casual positions for Escape Hunt Adelaide. We are Adelaide’s only escape room and bar. Never heard of an escape room? Check us out at adelaide.escapehunt.com. Escape Hunt is a live-action escape room game. The Escape Hunt Experience sees groups of 2-5 people locked in a room and presented with a case to crack. Through a serious of challenges, puzzles and clues, the group will work together playing the role of detectives to solve the case and escape the room.
The responsibilities of a Game Master include:
- Greeting guests and showing them to our reception area
- Selling and serving an assortment of beverages and snacks
- Briefing each group about escape rooms, the rules of the game, what to expect in the room and the context of the story line of the room they are playing
- Watching the groups playing via CCTV to ensure they are on track, responding to requests for help from the group and providing clues/hints where appropriate.
- Debriefing with the group upon completion of the game
- Seeking feedback, taking photos and post-game refreshments
- Posting photos to social media where appropriate
- Re-setting all clues, puzzles and props in a timely and precise manner once a group is finished, to ensure a consistent and optimum experience for the next group.
- Thoroughly checking each room prior to a group entering.
- Providing customer feedback to management
- Supporting management in relation to ordering stock/supplies, reporting any damaged puzzles/props etc.
- Working functions and events including food/drinks service, set up, clean up etc
- Cleaning, maintenance and tidying of the lounge, game rooms and bathroom.
A professional, enthusiastic, customer-focused Game Master is the most important part of the Escape Hunt experience. We are looking for people who are excited about this unique opportunity to work in a fun, exciting new business with a team of passionate, motivated people.
Please include BOTH a CV and a cover letter in your application and send it to [email protected]
Whilst we’d like to get back to everyone, due to the volumes of applications we receive only successful candidates will be contacted. We hope you understand!
Applications close Friday 25th November.